Is there anything quite as satisfying as rubbing tattoo lotion on a new tattoo and seeing it really pop?
We used to be told to use Bepanthen on Tattoos to help with the healing process but then we were told not to!
Bepanthen is used or designed for use on babies who develop a nappy rash and so what better to use on a tattoo, it’s perfect, a gentle and moisturising product.
However there was a change to the Bepanthen recipe and they added more Lanolin and so the advice was to not use it any more with the levels of Lanolin it contains!
- Absorbs quickly, aids in healing & prevents scabbing.
- Contains Vitamin A & D, Lanolin, Petroleum Free provides occlusive barrier that will not clog pores.
- Promotes faster healing time.
- Unscented / No Dyes
- Easy to apply , dermatologist approved.
- The water base formula works with your body to restore the skin’s natural moisture balance. The non-greasy Lotion absorbs quickly, penetrates deeply and provides long lasting protection against dryness.
- The Lotion contains no alcohol, petroleum, lanolin, mineral oils or fragrance
- The Lotion can be used by itself or combined with The Original Tattoo Goo.
- Tattoo Goo The Lotion was developed for people with sensitive skin. It is gentle enough to use on the face and is perfect for everyday use.
- With unique combination of Vitamins A & D, healthy skin ingredients and proven moisturisers, Tattoo Goo The Lotion heals and protects dry skin.
So that info was the reason that we decided that Tattoo Goo Original was the one that we should use. Yes it contains Lanolin but at a level that is okay for use on tattoos.
As I said, I had previously tried balms and I liked them but the Tattoo Goo Original is very different and it has the consistency of a face moisturiser.
It is very easy to squeeze a small amount from the container and it means that it is quickly absorbed into the skin.
It is not greasy but as it is so thin, it can dry out quicker than if you was using a Salve. If you want something like that, Tattoo Goo sell the Tattoo Goo Original Aftercare Salve.
I really like this product, recently one hand poke tattoo that I had was very sore and inflamed and where as the balms need working into a tattoo, this lotion was easy to apply with a gentle touch and very soothing.