The Fight Oil Company Battle Balm isn’t a beard balm, it is a balm to use after battle!
Yes The Fight Oil Company makes massage oils for all combat athletes and also sells the Battle Balm that is designed to be used to ease sore joints and muscles.
I am not a combat athlete, I am certainly not an athlete although I did have that on my foot once! But I am no stranger to pain, in fact pain is always there and so I was very interested to see how the Battle Balm would work.
First off it is made from all natural and organic ingredients and I always recommend to use natural products.
It is a blend of
- Coconut oil – The fatty acids (caprylic and lauric) in coconut oil reduce inflammation.
- Shea Butter – Reduces skin inflammation, considered as a superfood for the skin.
- Beeswax – Relieves Pain and Is Anti-Inflammatory.
- Apricot Kernel – Can quickly soothe pain and reduce swelling and redness.
- Vitamin E – Can help reduce the appearance of scar and relax muscles.
- Cinnamon Leaf – Decreases inflammation & can help to increase circulation.
- Black Pepper – Anti-inflammatory and warming.
- Marjoram – Analgesic, antispasmodic, antiseptic and bactericidal.
These ingredients will also help to sort out any rough or dry skin and even though it is a nice scent blend these essential oils have been chosen for their warming and healing properties.
I have arthritis in my hands and they are often stiff and painful and I have recently had sore thigh muscles, this is because whilst transferring from my wheelchair to the bed, my 2 year old granddaughter got in the way causing me to hover for not even 30 seconds. But later my legs felt like they used to after I had run 10 miles.
And so I have been using the balm on my hands and I used it on my legs after my marathon 30 seconds workout.
A balm like this will help for a few reasons, the benefits of the carrier oils, the Beeswax, Shea butter and the essential oils and also the fact that by rubbing in the balm, you will be massaging the area to soothe aching muscles but also you will have an increase in blood circulation to the area and that means more oxygen to helps to heal.
I have found the balm to be beneficial, although I am probably not the best test subject as my pain is possibly caused by a nervous system that has somehow gone wrong!
But I can recommend this balm, it is creamy smooth, it has a warm and spicy scent and it is easily worked into the skin.
Being natural you have no fear of any dodgy side effects or limitations of use and so if you suffer from tired aching or beaten muscles and joints, then give The Fight Oil Company Battle Balm a try!
It will certainly be another thing I will use from now on my hands!
The Battle Balm comes in a 1oz tin and costs £9.49 from their Etsy Shop.