If I wasn’t testing beard care all of the time, I would choose a balm over oil because I like the way it gives hold to my beard and I think my beard feels better with a good balm. The Bearded Rapscallion ‘The Peaky Blinder’ Beard Balm does exactly that, it’s a very nice balm like the rest of the range of balms and it leaves my beard feeling softer and looking good.
Even though I have mentioned it in other reviews for this brand, I have to mention the branding of The Bearded Rapscallion. Designed by Quyen Dinh of Parlour Tattoo Prints the branding has helped to get the new brand The Bearded Rapscallion noticed amongst the thousands of beard care brands already out there and I am happy to report that their products match the quality of the amazing branding!
The Bearded Rapscallion ‘The Peaky Blinder’ Beard Balm is a Tangerine, Vanilla and Spearmint scented balm. When I reviewed ‘The Peaky Blinder’ beard oil, I said that the Spearmint was drowning out the scent of the Tangerine and Vanilla, however in the balm the Spearmint isn’t as overpowering and you get the scent of the Tangerine and Vanilla sitting in the background. I am a massive fan of citrus in beard care and the marriage of citrus oils with Vanilla is perfect and I would personally prefer to get a little more of the scent coming through. However if like me you love the Citrus and Vanilla, well then we would just choose ‘The Loveable Rogue’. So maybe I am being slightly too critical?
The creamy medium consistency of The Bearded Rapscallion beard balms makes it easy to scoop out of the jar and it is easy to work into the beard. My beard has been left feeling naturally softer and looking good and it doesn’t feel greasy at all.
The Bearded Rapscallion has selected the finest natural ingredients for his beard balm.
Packed full of goodness to give your beard and skin all the love, care and protection it needs. Our fusion of ingredients will help to give you a long and lustrous healthy beard, while moisturising the skin stopping it from becoming dry and irritated.
- Soil Association Certified, Unrefined Organic Shea Butter – For conditioning and adding thickness to your beard, while moisturising the skin beneath.
- Natures Finest Organic Beeswax – Locks in moisture to your beard, while adding hold to a well groomed beard.
- Premium Pressed Argan Oil – Packed with Vitamins and Antioxidants. It conditions hair making it more manageable, while boosting cell production which promotes healthy skin and hair.
- Golden Jojoba Oil – For its antibacterial properties, which help control bacteria in the hair follicles. Promoting healthy hair growth and relieving itchiness and dryness of the skin.
- Hemp Seed Oil – An excellent source of Omega 6 a vital ingredient for hair growth, it both stimulates growth and nourishes hair, assisting in keratin production which gives thicker, stronger, and healthier beard.
- Sweet Almond Oil – Packed with Vitamin E and Zinc which helps promote growth, for a long and healthy beard.
- Vitamin E – Promotes the circulation of blood to the hair follicles.
The Bearded Rapscallion ‘The Peaky Blinder’ Beard Balm is like all of the balms available in two sizes, both come in a glass jar with a screw top lid. The 30ml costs £8.50 and the 60ml £16.00 from the website.
The Bearded Rapscallion beard balms are also available as;
- The Bootlegger – Black Pepper, Benzoin, Clove, Cinnamon & Lime
- The Racketeer – Sweet orange, Wild honey, Clove & Cinnamon.
- The Jolly Rascal – Frankincense, May Chang & Cardamon
- The Silken Scallywag – Cypres, Bergamot & Vanilla
- The Loveable Rogue – Sweet Orange & Vanilla
- The Charlatan – Cedar Wood, Lime & Lemongrass
- The Mundane Misfit – Unscented
The Bearded Rapscallion
Has been created by Tim and his better half Karen, who both had been making products for themselves for some time and thought it was time to bring you a selection of the highest quality natural products. Both of us share a passion to create premium quality products. All our products are hand made, in small batches, by ourselves. Selecting only the finest Ingredients.
Here at The Bearded Rapscallion we are animal lovers and guarantee that our products are tested on us and not animals.