It is rare that a beard oil containing Cedarwood wins me over, but that is exactly what The Bearded Rapscallion ‘The Charlatan’ Beard Oil has done.
The very best beard oils are the best because not only have they got the base right, but also the essential oils used to create the scent have been blended perfectly. This means that all of the oils works together, you don’t get a smack of one oil that drowns out the rest and that is what we have here in ‘The Charlatan’. I don’t mind Cedarwood but I’m not crazy about it, but in this oil it is amazing, the woody Cedarwood is then backed up by the citrus freshness of the Lime and the Lemon grass.
As I said the base also has to be right and it is damn good, the oil is quickly absorbed into the beard hair and leaves it feeling softer and looking good. This is because Tim and Karen have chosen oils carefully and I expect spent a very long time playing with different ratios to get this result.
A good beard oil should be a blend of a few carrier oils chosen for their benefits, not just one oil and The Bearded Rapscallion have used five carrier oils to achieve this result.
- Premium Pressed Argan Oil – Packed with vitamins and antioxidants it hydrates and softens the skin. If that wasn’t enough it Conditions your beard making it more manageable, whilst boosting cell production which promotes healthy skin and hair.
- Golden Jojoba Oil – For its antibacterial properties, which can help control bacteria in the hair follicles. Promoting healthy hair growth and relieving itchiness and dryness of the skin.
- Hemp Seed Oil – An excellent source of Omega 6 a vital ingredient for hair growth, it both stimulates growth and nourishes hair, assisting in keratin production which gives thicker, stronger, and healthier beard.
- Sweet Almond Oil – Packed with Vitamin E and Zinc which can help promote growth, for a long and healthy beard.
- Vitamin E – Promotes the circulation of blood to the hair follicles.
The Bearded Rapscallion ‘The Charlatan’ Beard Oil like all of The Bearded Rapscallion oils is available in two sizes, both come in a glass bottle with a glass dropper for dispensing the oils. The 10ml is £8 and the 30ml £16 from the website.
The Bearded Rapscallion beard oils are also available as;
- The Bootlegger – Black Pepper, Benzoin, Clove, Cinnamon & Lime
- The Racketeer – Sweet orange, Wild honey, Clove & Cinnamon.
- The Jolly Rascal – Frankincense, May Chang & Cardamon
- The Silken Scallywag – Cypres, Bergamot & Vanilla
- The Peaky Blinder – Tangerine, Vanilla & Spearmint
- The Loveable Rogue – Sweet Orange & Vanilla
- The Mundane Misfit – Unscented
The Bearded Rapscallion ‘About Us‘
Has been created by Tim and his better half Karen, who both had been making products for themselves for some time and thought it was time to bring you a selection of the highest quality natural products. Both of us share a passion to create premium quality products. All our products are hand-made, in small batches, by ourselves. Selecting only the finest Ingredients.
Here at The Bearded Rapscallion we are animal lovers and guarantee that our products are tested on us and not animals.
Our logo was designed for us by the awesomely talented artist Quyen Dinh of Parlour Tattoo Prints. We have been a fan of her work for a long time, owning many of her prints. We were stoked when she agreed to do our logo for us. So Quyen to you we give great thanks. If you like our logo we suggest you check out her other work here.