If you regularly read my blogs you will already know that I am now a gramps. Oscar is 4 now and Olivia is 20months old, so we are looking at Fireworks for Toddlers.
We had an accessible deck built so that I can get out in the garden and so we decided it would be nice to have some fireworks and get some sausages on the barbecue.
Of course it is always a worry!
How are the kids going to react, what if something goes wrong etc!
Toddlers and Fireworks.
- We all like a big firework with lots of bang but young children may not be so keen.
- Start with the prettier fireworks, something that wont scare them and put them off of fireworks.
- Even though we all want a fireworks party, if your garden is small, it’s not safe.
- Sparklers are the biggest cause of injury and a young child wants to touch.
- If you do have sparklers, hold it for them and have a bucket of water nearby to place them in after.
- If you are attending a fireworks display, consider ear defenders for your little one.
- Don’t let them near when lighting even the smallest firework.
- Explain to them what is going to happen, show them YouTube videos of fireworks so they know what to expect.
- If they don’t like it, take them indoors and watch through a window, they will feel safer.
Of course at the end of the day you know your children, you know if they would be the sort to be scared and no matter how much we enjoy them, to them it can be scary!
If the child is upset because of the noise, take them indoors and watch through the window, because a bad first experience could ruin it for them for years to come!