I like good branding and The Bearded Rapscallion has that covered for sure, branding is a very difficult thing to get right and without a doubt we are drawn to products that have good branding. Branding is so important that £400,000 was spent on the logo for the London 2012 Olympic Games. So The Bearded Rapscallion already has a massive head start with their branding and when ever I share their posts, I get comments on the design.
Of course the product inside has to be up to the same standards and again The Bearded Rapscallion has delivered. The balm has a smooth and creamy texture with a medium consistency and easily works into the beard hair. I prefer a balm as I like the hold you get and this balm gives a nice gentle hold whilst still leaving your beard feeling natural.
The Bearded Rapscallion ‘The Charlatan’ Beard Balm has a scent made up from Cedar Wood, Lime & Lemongrass and the result is a light woodsy scent with a citrus freshness that I really like. All too often the woodsy scent is, I feel too strong but of course we all have different tastes but I personally think this is blended very well and the scent is very well balanced.
I normally just list the ingredients for the base of the balms and oils but The Bearded Rapscallion have listed the ingredients and why they are used so well that I am going to use it.
- Soil Association Certified, Unrefined Organic Shea Butter.
- For conditioning and adding thickness to your beard, while moisturising the skin beneath.
- Natures Finest Organic Beeswax.
- Locks in moisture to your beard, while adding hold to a well groomed beard.
- Premium Pressed Argan Oil,
- Packed with Vitamins and Antioxidants. It conditions hair making it more manageable, while boosting cell production which promotes healthy skin and hair.
- Golden Jojoba Oil.
- For its antibacterial properties, which help control bacteria in the hair follicles. Promoting healthy hair growth and relieving itchiness and dryness of the skin.
- Hemp Seed Oil.
- A excellent source of Omega 6 a vital ingredient for hair growth, it both stimulates growth and nourishes hair, assisting in keratin production which gives thicker, stronger, and healthier beard
- Sweet Almond Oil.
- Packed with Vitamin E and Zinc which helps promote growth, for a long and healthy beard.
- Vitamin E.
- Promotes the circulation of blood to the hair follicles.
The Bearded Rapscallion ‘The Charlatan’ Beard Balm is available from their website and costs £8.50 for the 30ml jar and £16.00 for the 60ml jar.
The Bearded Rapscallion balms are also available as
- The Bootlegger – Black Pepper, Benzoin, Clove, Cinnamon & Lime
- The Racketeer – Sweet orange, Wild honey, Clove & Cinnamon.
- The Jolly Rascal – Frankincense, May Chang & Cardamon
- The Silken Scallywag – Cypres, Bergamot & Vanilla
- The Peaky Blinder – Tangerine, Vanilla & Spearmint
- The Loveable Rogue – Sweet Orange & Vanilla
- The Mundane Misfit – Unscented
The Bearded Rapscallion ‘About Us‘
Has been created by Tim and his better half Karen, who both had been making products for themselves for some time and thought it was time to bring you a selection of the highest quality natural products. Both of us share a passion to create premium quality products. All our products are hand-made, in small batches, by ourselves. Selecting only the finest Ingredients.
Here at The Bearded Rapscallion we are animal lovers and guarantee that our products are tested on us and not animals.
Our logo was designed for us by the awesomely talented artist Quyen Dinh of Parlour Tattoo Prints. We have been a fan of her work for a long time, owning many of her prints. We were stoked when she agreed to do our logo for us. So Quyen to you we give great thanks. If you like our logo we suggest you check out her other work here.