After testing the ‘Mike’s Pine‘ Beard Polisher, it was then the turn of Superfurry ‘The 40 Crooks of Ali Baba’ Beard Polisher.
I already knew what to expect from the product and so this was really down to scent. The scent is made up from a blend of Amber Jadin, Black Pepper, Cardamon and Virginia Cedar and the blend is so very different from anything I have smelled before.
It has a so many layers, I get citrus and the freshness of the cedar but also the warmth and spicy pepper. Look it’s actually no use because I can honestly not properly describe this scent or do it justice. I do initially and for a split second think “nope” but it is just that short moment and then after that I bloody love it!
The Amber is I must say a very extravagant addition as is ridiculously expensive, but we all like a bit of posh every now and then!
The base is made up from Beeswax, Shea Butter, Coconut oil, Safflower oil, Sweet Almond oil and Castor oil and is again like no other product that I have tried thus far.
This is how I described it in the ‘Mike’s Pine’ Beard Polisher review:
The contents looked how I can only describe as almost like petroleum jelly and I was even more worried. However the ‘Beard Polisher’ is made up using only natural ingredients and there is certainly no petroleum jelly in the mix.
So after a beard wash using the Superfurry Beer beard Wash, I took a small amount of the Superfurry ‘Mike’s Pine’ Beard Polisher, worked it in my hands and gently started working it into my beard hair and WOW!
It was absorbed into my beard very easily and left it feeling softer, it created a nice healthy sheen. It provided a nice hold keeping my unruly beard looking really good. I have to say that this product is one that you have to try, seriously it’s so good.
So couple that with this amazing and unique scent and that is why I feel that this product is worthy of the ‘Golden Beard Award’!
The Superfurry ‘Mike’s Pine’ Beard Polisher is available from the Superfurry website and the 175ml jar costs 27.50 Euro.
The Beard Polisher is also available as:
- Whiskey and Tobacco – old Scottish oak barrel aged Whiskey, and moist tropic raw colonial tobacco from Bali
- Fresh Formula – Italian Bergamot in harmony with Peppermint
- Arctic Freeze – Niaouli, Eucalyptus, Peppermint, Tea-Tree, Camphor and Rosemary
- Captain Barbarossa – created the ginger beard from a Irish flaming red to a mahogany deep red, and everything in between.
- Poivre Noir – Black Pepper, Cedar Atlantic, Cedar Virginia, Rosemary and Cinnamon
- Rum & Raisins – Cinnamon from Ceylon in harmony powder soft Chamomile and the sharp edge of dark Rum
- Spiced Formula – Clove and Chamomile
- Spunky Mandarin – Mild and sweet Mandarin with a bold background of black pepper and aromatic Mediterranean Rosemary.
- White Bear – Anise, Mint and Rosemary (To be discontinued)
- Sterling 925 – Created especially for white, silver, salt & pepper and badger beards, the solution to avoid the ugly haze from standard beard oils and balms that ruin your pristine immaculate white beards
- Mike’s Pine – Pine, Cedar virginia & Vetiver
There is also a range of ‘Privilege Edition’ Beard Polisher available. This comes in a handcrafted mahogany jar from the workshop of Thijs Kroon.