I just had to use The Bearded Rapscallion ‘The Loveable Rogue’ Beard Balm after I had tested and reviewed ‘The Loveable Rogue’ beard oil, it was merely a decision based on the fact that I love the scent and I love beard balm.
And so I guess it is no surprise that I have awarded it the Golden Beard Award and if you regularly read my reviews, you will notice that this is new and it used to be the Gold Cup Award, I felt that a Golden Beard was a better fit and all the reviews with the Gold Cup have now been replaced with the Golden Beard!
My beard isn’t a tidy beard, it is quite wire like and so a good balm makes it softer, gives it hold and just makes it look a lot better and that is exactly what The Bearded Rapscallion ‘The Loveable Rogue’ Beard Balm did for my beard.
Like the beard oil of the same name, ‘The Loveable Rogue’ balm has a scent of sweet orange and creamy vanilla and it is very nice, in fact it’s damn amazing! The scent is more subtle in the balm which is a shame, I personally would have liked it to be a little stronger.
The balm itself is made up, well instead of me telling you, I think it’s best to use The Bearded Rapscallion list of ingredients and their benefits!
- Soil Association Certified, Unrefined Organic Shea Butter – For conditioning and adding thickness to your beard, while moisturising the skin beneath.
- Natures Finest Organic Beeswax – Locks in moisture to your beard, while adding hold to a well groomed beard.
- Premium Pressed Argan Oil – Packed with Vitamins and Antioxidants. It conditions hair making it more manageable, while boosting cell production which promotes healthy skin and hair.
- Golden Jojoba Oil – For its antibacterial properties, which help control bacteria in the hair follicles. Promoting healthy hair growth and relieving itchiness and dryness of the skin.
- Hemp Seed Oil – An excellent source of Omega 6 a vital ingredient for hair growth, it both stimulates growth and nourishes hair, assisting in keratin production which gives thicker, stronger, and healthier beard
- Sweet Almond Oil – Packed with Vitamin E and Zinc which helps promote growth, for a long and healthy beard.
- Vitamin E – Promotes the circulation of blood to the hair follicles.
This blend has resulted in a balm with a creamy medium consistency, the hold you get from the balm is light and the beard feels natural and the balm is easily worked into the beard hair and the skin under the beard.
The Bearded Rapscallion is a new brand that was launched at the beginning of April this year, however they have quickly gotten a foothold in the beard care market and this is down to their incredible branding which was designed by Quyen Dinh of Parlour Tattoo Prints and is backed up by the quality of their products.
The Bearded Rapscallion ‘The Loveable Rogue’ Beard Balm is available in two sizes, the 30ml balm costs £8.50 and the 60ml is £16 from the website.
The Bearded Rapscallion beard balms are also available as;
- The Bootlegger – Black Pepper, Benzoin, Clove, Cinnamon & Lime
- The Racketeer – Sweet orange, Wild honey, Clove & Cinnamon.
- The Jolly Rascal – Frankincense, May Chang & Cardamon
- The Silken Scallywag – Cypres, Bergamot & Vanilla
- The Peaky Blinder – Tangerine, Vanilla & Spearmint
- The Charlatan – Cedar Wood, Lime & Lemongrass
- The Mundane Misfit – Unscented
The Bearded Rapscallion
Has been created by Tim and his better half Karen, who both had been making products for themselves for some time and thought it was time to bring you a selection of the highest quality natural products. Both of us share a passion to create premium quality products. All our products are hand made, in small batches, by ourselves. Selecting only the finest Ingredients.
Here at The Bearded Rapscallion we are animal lovers and guarantee that our products are tested on us and not animals.